The Student News Site of Granite Falls High School

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Athlete Spotlight: Johnny Steele

Does the name Johnny Steele ring a bell? If not, it should. Senior Johnny Steele played both center and defensive tackle for our Granite Falls High School varsity football team. During the 2023 season, Johnny Steele was a role model and leader to his teammates. He, alongside others, was a captain who helped lead his team to success. Johnny is known for his driven personality and passion for football. For this season, he accounted 10 total tackles and 1 sack for loss. Johnny is very proud of how far his team has come in his last 2 seasons.

“I’ve had a memorable season, and am happy that we were able to pull through in wining the Black & Blue Bowl against Sultan,” says Johnny. He’ll also never forget the opportunities he got this year, such as getting to play on the News in the intense conference championship homecoming game against Kings. When asked what he thought his biggest accomplishments were over the last fall season, Johnny said, “I personally think my biggest achievements are the ones we have earned as a team. This team was night and day different than last year.” It’s words like this that show just how much of a leader Johnny truly is for his team.