The Student News Site of Granite Falls High School

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Rayan Lamles Spotlight
Rayan Lamles Spotlight
April 16, 2024
Freshmen Frenzy
Freshmen Frenzy
March 28, 2024

Granite Falls High School’s New Field

Varsity Football Friday Harbor Game Recap & Track/Field Reopening!

Over the 2023 summer, our district made the collective decision to repaint our school’s glorious track and field for the first time since the new campus was originally opened to the public. For the first time in 15 years, our school is able to say that we have a brand new field for our community, and our boys football team was lucky enough to be the first to play a game on the gridiron. 

On Friday September 8th, your Granite Falls Football Team took on Friday Harbor, playing on our home turf for the first time this season. Our Tigers played a great night of football, beating the Wolverines 34 to 13, doing so in their brand new, flashy uniforms. Great job Tigers! Shoutout to our school’s new starting quarterback, Kaden Laplaunt (Senior) who did a great job showing out at his first home game of the year by throwing for 341 yards and 5 touchdowns! Some more special shoutouts go to a few of our team’s offensive stars, Johnathan Roberts (Senior) for receiving 146 yards and 3 touchdowns, as well as, James Porter (Senior) for receiving 120 yards and 2 touchdowns. 

For the Tigers defense, we had Connor Gillen (Senior) rack up a total of 8 tackles, with Christopher Ryer (Senior) and Johnathan Roberts (Senior) tallying up 7 tackles each. Also establishing himself as defensive team captain, strong safety Bradley Kehoe (Senior) made his own impact on the game, amounting 2 tackles, 1 pass deflection, and an astonishing blocked field goal. 

Coming together, our Tigers’ defense numbered 62 total tackles (4 for a loss of yards), and 2 fumble recoveries. Our football boys played a great and highly competitive game, which was a perfect start for our school’s brand new track and field. Great job putting our new turf to good use and taking your team to victory Tigers!