The Student News Site of Granite Falls High School

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Your Friendly Neighborhood Janitor

Learn a bit more about Jason, the GFHS Custodian!

Our GFHS custodian, Jason, has been working at Granite Falls High School for 3 years now. This is actually his first job in the custodial field. Before joining the Granite Falls School District, Jason used to work at a door shop. He would  deliver doors and cabinets, and build doors too. Not too long ago, Jason had a baby and he’s super stoked to be a dad and experience his child growing up. Adding on to the good news, Jason just got married this year in the lovely state of Hawaii, and he’s very excited to now have a family of his own to share and experience unforgettable memories with.

Jason attended school in Granite Falls when he was younger. He started at Monte Cristo, then moved to Granite. Now he lives a simple and peaceful life here in the lovely town of Granite Falls. He’s lived in Granite Falls for 15 years now; he lived in Everett for a couple years and decided to come back to Granite, and he says he doesn’t regret it. One accomplishment that Jason always wanted was to be a dad. Jason mentions that being a dad has really been a valuable and very enjoyable learning experience due to making sure the baby has been fed, changed, bathed, and more. When asked what Jason thought was the best part about being a custodian, he said: “You are appreciated. Your work doesn’t go unnoticed. Lots of people just say stuff like, ‘Thank you, for what you do. You know, keeping everything clean. It’s rewarding in a way”. Some of Jason’s happiest moments consisted of being able to buy his first car, getting married, and  having a baby. A fun fact about Jason is that he loves to watch superhero movies like Marvel, Spiderman, Captain America, and Batman. He also believes that the latest Batman movie (that came out on March 4th, 2022) was a really good movie because it showed his detective side.