The Student News Site of Granite Falls High School

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Rayan Lamles Spotlight
Rayan Lamles Spotlight
April 16, 2024
Freshmen Frenzy
Freshmen Frenzy
March 28, 2024

An Interview with Mr. B

Get to know Mr. B a bit better, and see what he has to say about GFHS!

After being principal at GFMS for 20 years, Mr. Bianchini (or Mr. B), has transitioned to GFHS. In order to get to know him better, we asked him some of the student’s most pressing questions! To start off, why would he change schools after being at the MS for so long? According to Mr. B, although he loved his time at the middle school, he felt a transition was needed.
“It came to a time where I needed a change, but I wasn’t old enough to retire, and fortunately the high school position worked out.” So far, he is very happy with his transition, and says is “has worked out awesome for me, I really love it here.”

But what is the main difference between the MS & HS? “Maturity plays a big role.” In middle school, Mr. B says students are “trying to figure out who they are”, and trying to find themselves, whereas in high school, “people know more of who they are, and everything is calm.”

After working in schools for most of his career, Mr. B has seen it all, and had some advice to share with students: “These 4 years go by fast, and the decisions that you’re making may not seem like they’re going to impact your life right now, but they are. Make the most of your high school experience, because these are your best 4 years.“ As far as staff members go, he also
had some words to share with them: “These kids deserve our best.” We can see with his words that Mr. B will fight & advocate for all of his students.

Mr. B has now been working at GFHS for one quarter, and is excited to see what this school year brings. One thing he’d like to accomplish by the end of the year, is raising attendance rates. “Students often don’t feel the value of education, so they don’t come to school.” He wishes to give each & every student a purpose & reason to come to school, whether that be academics, sports, theatre, or other activities.

While driving or walking, many of us like to listen to music or podcasts. Well, Mr. B does too! He likes to listen to sports radio while he drives. As many can see, he is passionate about sports, and even attends almost all of the GFHS sporting events to cheer on his students. But when he’s not listening to sports radio, he enjoys a throwback and listens to 80’s music.

Many of us are anxiously awaiting the arrival of winter break, as is Mr. B. When asked what kinds of fun plans he had for winter break, he shared that he is going to New Mexico! “My son just
graduated from Montana University and got married last June and moved to Los Alamos, New Mexico, so my wife and I are going to fly down there for Christmas, and celebrate with them.”

Mr. B always seems so happy and positive, so he must drink a lot of coffee! How does Mr. B take his coffee? “I take my coffee like this” *holds up plastic bottle filled with
water* “I don’t drink coffee. My drink of choice is water.” Mr. B’s good mindset and constant positive attitude are not caffeine-related, but completely natural. One thing that Mr. B
says he misses most about the middle school, is the relationships he formed over the years with staff and students. “I enjoy hearing input from the teachers and talking with them
each and every day.” However, he also enjoys doing this at the high school, and enjoys helping the students of GFHS with whatever they may need.

Something that Mr. B enjoys about the high school is all of the events. He says with both of his kids grown and moved out, he gets the opportunity to come to the high school sporting events, theatre productions, and other after school activities.

Last but not least, the most pressing question from the students… what is Mr. B‘s favorite grade level? *drum roll* It‘s the Juniors! He likes all of the classes, but is the closest to the
Juniors and the Freshmen.

We are so excited to have Mr. B here at GFHS with us, and can‘t wait to get to know him more. Make sure to wave or say “hi“ if you see him in the halls.