The Student News Site of Granite Falls High School

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Tiger Tribune

Rayan Lamles Spotlight
Rayan Lamles Spotlight
April 16, 2024
Freshmen Frenzy
Freshmen Frenzy
March 28, 2024

Rayan Lamles Spotlight

Rayan Lamles Spotlight

Senior Rayan Lamles has been playing soccer for fifteen years, and he is extremely passionate about the sport. His position is center middle, making his primary job to control the midfield and help create attacks. Rayan says his absolute favorite part about playing soccer is how much strategy it takes to be successful. When asked the simple question, “why did you choose to play soccer?” Rayan said: “I play soccer because it’s been my sport my whole life. I grew up with a dad who played soccer, and growing up I looked up to Cristiano Ronaldo, and wanted to be like him.” 

As a senior, this is Rayan’s final season playing soccer, and he says it’s gonna be difficult leaving behind the sport he’s played for most of his life so far. Looking at this season, I asked Rayan what his favorite part has been, to which he said he most likes playing with his teammates. According to Rayan, the Granite Falls boys soccer team is unique. He says everyone on the team is close and always has each other’s backs, that their team is like a family, and he’s sad to know it’ll be his last season with this group of people.